The attention of all applicants for visas should be drawn to immigration requirements set out below:
- Ordinary Visa: Issued for Single or Multiple entries to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya.
- Transit Visa: Issued for periods not exceeding three days to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya and who intend to transit through Kenya to a different destination.
- Diplomatic Visa: Issued for Single or Multiple entries to holders of Diplomatic passports who are on official duty.
- Courtesy/ Official Visa: Issued to persons holding Official or Service passports on Official duty and to Ordinary passport holders who are not entitled to Diplomatic visa; but where it is considered by the Director to be desirable on the grounds of international courtesy.
- East Africa Tourist Visa: This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and
- Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism.
- Validity of East Africa Tourist Visa: 90 (Ninety days) Multiple EntryFee: US $100
Where to apply: Diplomatic missions of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda.
Port of entry.
The possession of a visa for Kenya is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The Immigration Officer at the port of entry may refuse such a person permission to enter if he is satisfied that such a visitor is unable to fulfil the immigration requirements and that the entry and presence of such a visitor, in Kenya would be contrary to national interests even though such a person may be in possession of a valid visa for Kenya, provided that any such refusal is consented to by the Director of Immigration Services Nairobi, his Deputy or Provincial Heads of Immigration at Mombasa, Kisumu, and Garissa or any other Senior Officer so authorized to deputize.